A speed hump is a rounded, raised area of pavement approximately twelve feet in length with a maximum height of approximately three inches, placed perpendicular to the traffic flow of the roadway. Speed humps are placed in pairs along the designated block.
Speed bumps are specifically made to slow drivers down to between 2 to 5 mph.
Controlling vehicle speed with a speed bump or speed hump is the most effective method to improve the safety of a road users. High visibility speed bumps/humps and signs are the best way to communicate to drivers to keep their speed to a minimum.
Speed Bumps are designed to improve pedestrian safety and reduce the risk of accidents on private residential streets, driveways and parking slots in Africa,road bumps play a crucial role in enforcing speed limits.
Advantage of bumps
2) Durable– because they are made of 100% Recycled Tires.
3) Flexible – so they conform to the pavement.
4) Highly Visible – Reflective Yellow stripes & ‘Cat-Eye’ Reflectors.
Portable – can be easily moved for snow removal, paving or to simply change traffic flow.
Bumps are 2 ¼” tall x 12” wide and come in two lengths; 4’ & 6’ long.
The Model Types
Two models of rubber bump to choose from:
- a) Standard Bump – For everyday applications. Has two 1 ¼” channels that run the length of the bump (great to protect cable, conduit or pipe from traffic) .
- b) Heavy-Duty Bump – Solid rubber (no channels) for demanding applications – High traffic areas or heavy vehicles like trucks and buses.
Speed Bumps are solid 100% recycled plastic
Maintenance-free since they never need painting
Plastic speed bumps resist damage from sun, salt, oil, and chemicals
Easy to move if you want to change traffic patterns
Bright ‘safety yellow’ color is molded into the plastic, not just coated on the surface where it might wear or scratch off
Our plastic speed bumps are 2″ high x 10″ wide