PARKING GUIDANCE SYSTEM
Parking guidance and information (PGI) systems, or car park guidance systems, present drivers with dynamic information on parking within controlled areas. The systems combine traffic monitoring, communication, processing and variable message sign technologies to provide the service.
Modern parking lots utilize a variety of technologies to help motorists find unoccupied parking spaces, car location when returning to the vehicle and improve their experience. This includes adaptive lighting sensors and parking space led indicators (red for occupied, green for available and blue is reserved for the disabled; above every parking space), and indoor positioning system (IPS).
PGI systems are a product of the worldwide initiative for the development of intelligent transportation system in urban areas. PGI systems can assist in the development of safe, efficient and environmentally friendly transportation network.
PGI systems are designed to aid in the search for vacant parking spaces by directing drivers to car parks where occupancy levels are low. The objective is to reduce search time, which in turn reduces congestion on the surrounding roads for other traffic with related benefits to air pollution with the ultimate aim of enhancement of the urban area.
Parking Guidance System (PGS)
A Parking Guidance System (PGS) have different elements
Data / Intermediate Controllers
Central Control System
Ultrasonic detector parking guidance is suitable for indoor parking garage or multi-level parking constraction.
It uses technology which coordinates vehicle movement within the parking facility.Using real time information on occupancy,drivers are directed to available parking spaces by intersection guidance displays and colour-coded LED lights green for available,red for occupied.
- How does it work?
- Installed at each parking lot, vehicle ultrasonic sensor is used to detect and indicate the real-time parking space status. With LED light connected to it, drivers are directed to available parking slot by colour-coded LED light,green for free, red for occupied,blue for disabled.
- Meanwhile, the real-time parking space status will be transmitted to zone control unit. Zone control unit
will collect and send them to central control unit.
- Central control unit will receive and make data-processing,then forward the processed data to LED display to submit the current amount of available parking slots by word, number and arrow, hence to guide driver park.
Advantages for Drivers:
- No nerve-racking search, stress-free parking.
- Save parking time
- Save fuel and alleviate car wearing.
- Avoid unnecessary conflict during parking.
Advantages for Operators
- Easy to install and maintain
- Reduce labor cost in managing the garage
- High parking space utilization
- Allow customers to park in a stress-free environment.
- Reduce traffic congestion indoor.